Sephora Eyeliner | REVIEW

Friday, May 30, 2014


So I've recently gotten into tight lining my upper lash line. I never knew it made such a huge difference!  As I don't have many (actually, close to 0) good quality pencil liners, I decided to go get myself one. Almost every makeup brand makes pencil liners so I did a bit of reviewing and found that the Sephora one actually has been getting quite good ratings. 

I got this at my local Sephora for about $20SGD (10USD/6GBP) . From the packaging I'd say it looks like your regular, garden-variety creamy pencil liner. The first thing I noticed when I took off the cap was that it isn't retractable. That put me off quite a bit because I hate having to sharpen my pencils (think NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, as much as I love them). The nib/point(?) is quite thick and the formula is of a very creamy consistency. It glides on opaque with one swipe on the back of my hand. It's also semi-waterproof (smudges with a bit of rubbing without water).  You have to wait quite a bit for it to set/dry and because of this, when I use it on my lash line, it smudges when I blink. I solve this by going over it with a bit of liquid liner and it sets the creamy pencil perfectly! 


I decided to put it to a few tests to see how well it will hold up! 

After rubbing with my fingers 


After rubbing under running water 


It finally came off with Bioderma! You can actually see how hard I had to scrub with my trusty Bio and there's still bits left. 


All in all, although I hate sharpening it because it wastes so much product, it isn't too shabby a liner! I plan to try the Bourjois Contour Clubbing pencil when this runs out but if that doesn't work out, I'll high likely repurchase this! 

I love Sephora's makeup brushes but I found the makeup itself a bit iffy. This definitely exceeded my expectations of the Sephora brand makeup collection and I'm keen to try out more things from them, namely their lip cream stains and eyeshadows! 




What are your thoughts about the Sephora makeup collection? Any recommendations? (:


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks like a great eyeliner. Thanks for the review! =)

    xx kim

    Follow for a follow?
    Follow and I'll follow back as soon as I can. =)


    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! (: Thanks for reading! x

    ReplyDelete

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg