APRIL FAVOURITES!

Tuesday, May 06, 2014



So it's time for favourites again! This April has been a month in which I've dived into my makeup collection and pulled out old stuff to try again, and I realised that I have grown to love them! Also, I finally got the Naked Palette, thanks to my amazing boyfriend! 

First up, and probably the most eye-catching in the picture above, is The Body Shop's Honeymania Body Butter. Many people have said the scent of this is absolutely awful (and definitely NOT like honey) but I think otherwise! This has a lovely floral scent that's fresh and juicy at the same time! I think this was MADE to smell like flowers (because bees pollinate flowers and yaddayadda) and although I didn't notice any huge difference in the moisture levels of my skin, this did soothe it when it got agitated from shaving. The smell also lingers and I just love it! 

The second most eye-catching thing would probably be the Naked Palette from Urban Decay! This was probably the highlight of the month (other than my birthday) and I can't stop using it ever since I got it! The shades have a lovely shimmery and buttery texture to them, and I find that I get the most pigmentation when I use my fingers. My Sephora brush doesn't pick up much somehow. =\ That isn't a big issue for me because I like to pack on eyeshadow with my fingers anyway! My Zoeva blending brush is able to pick up the matte shades, though!

Next is the NYX Concealer Stick in Green. This has been a life saver and I don't know what I'd do without it! The green neutralises my redness immediately and thus making my foundation and concealer hide my blemishes more effectively! Although a little thick, some warming up with your fingers will do the trick! This also made my foundation adhere to my skin a little better!

A few lashings of the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara and I'm good to go! This makes my lashes really long and black, and also, the drier formula helps grip and coat every lash strand! This doesn't smudge or flake and is waterproof, great for the more humid weather! I kind of tried this once then stashed it away somewhere so this was a new 'discovery'! 

The Body Shop has obviously been one of my favourite brands this month (actually of all time, I use their body soap too) and I've been dipping my toes more into their makeup line! Their Lip and Cheek Stain in Rose Pink has been lovely so far. I like blending this onto my cheeks for a pop of sheer red that makes me look like I've been out in the sun or had my cheeks pinched. Stays all day as well!

Lastly are two lip products, the Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar (also rediscovered) and the NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie. I've been loving these two together and it gives a lovely pink sheen to my lips! Also, because both are of balmy/glossy texture, they're really hydrating and perfect for Spring/Summer! 

That's all for my favourites this April and I can't wait to try out more new things! 




What have you been loving for the month of April? x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg