Favourite Lip Products of ALL TIME

Saturday, March 29, 2014


Hello there luvlies! So I've decided to put together a post telling you about my most favourite, best loved, my-life-has-been-changed-forever lip products of all time! I have lip balm, lip stains, lip lacquers, lipsticks, all that jazz so here goes!


I'll probably start with the balms. The best lip balm I've ever tried (and I've tried TONS) is the Maybelline Baby Lips, £2.99. This magic-in-a-tube product is the most hydrating lip balm ever. I just slather this on before I sleep or before I apply my lipstick or whatnot and it just prevents my lips from chapping and keep them plump and healthy! The scents are also not that bad or overpowering so this gets a two thumbs up from me! Ironically, I cannot find it anywhere so I don't have a picture of it.


Another favourite is the Palmer's Dark Chocolate and Cherry Ultra Moisturizing Tinted Lip Balm, £1.99. This is a relatively new buy for me but I found myself reaching for this more often than others. First off, it SMELLS HEAVENLY. It smells like Cherry Ripe, a chocolate bar filled with cherries and coconut. It gives a lovely natural red tint to the lips and it even TASTES like Cherry Ripe!


Next are the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers, £6.49. I have three of them, Solstice, Celestial and Nova but I don't reach for Nova very often so I'm only featuring Solstice and Celestial! These have a doefoot applicator with a 'micro-resevoir' that 'stores' product in it so you can get just the right amout for the first swipe! It claim to have the 'intense rich colour of a lipstick' and the 'satin shine' of a gloss, so it's kind of a hybrid. These do exactly what they claim to do. It applies opaque with just one swipe and has a non-sticky gloss finish that isn't TOO glossy! Doesn't it just sound like perfection? Solstice is a medium rose colour with mauve undertones and Celestial is a dusty medium pink! I love that these are eye-catching colours that aren't too showy and still appropriate for work!


I'm sure many of you have heard of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, £7.99. They've recently just launched the matte and lacquer versions of this but none of them beat the original, in my opinion. These glide on like a dream, no tugging or pulling at the lip, and gives the perfect sheer wash of colour on the lips for a barely there look. It goes on glossy at first and after a while, the gloss goes off, leaving an even stain that stays on for the rest of the day till you wipe it off. They are great for on-the-go or if you're rushing in the morning and don't want to faff with a lipstick. I have two in Honey and Rendezvous. Honey is a mauve my-lips-but-better shade and Rendezvous leaves a beautiful coral/orange sheen on your lips!


Finally, the lipsticks! The two brands that have made it to this post are Bourjois and MAC! When I put on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Rose Tweed, £7.99, it was instant love. This lipstick felt like butter on but didn't slip and slide all over. Rose Tweed is a pink with quite heavy mauve undertones and this is great for lighter-skinned gals. The only downside of this lipstick is that it was too soft and kind of melted in my drawer, so while putting it on the next day it snapped in the middle *pouts*. It isn't a major issue for me, though, considering that it stays put for ages and I rarely need touch ups. The Rouge Edition lipsticks come in such an array of colours you'll be spoilt for choice!


Ah, MAC lipsticks... Heard about them, read the reviews, tried it, loved it, need more. I currently am loving Giddy and Russian Red. Giddy is a neutral pink with slight cool undertones and is my current MLBB lipstick. It is a lustre finish so it isn't CRAZY pigmented, but just enough. I think this is exclusive in Asia or discontinued, though, as I haven't seen it anywhere other than Asia. [side note: Singapore/Asia (not too sure) sells some discontinued items in stores such as the Peony Petal and Full of Joy blushes] My other favourite is Russian Red, a deep cherry red with neutral undertones (though it has blue undertones on me). It has a matte finish but isn't as drying as the others such as Ruby Woo. Same amount of pigmentation, though, and definitely needs lip liner! (I use Catrice's And The Cherry On Top!)

From left to right: Palmer's tinted lip balm, Bourjois Lipstick in Rose Tweed, Revlon balm stains Honey, Rendezvous, Rimmel Apocalips Solstice, Celestian, MAC Giddy, Russian Red




Comment below what your favorite lip products are so I can go check them out! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg