NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils Review

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hello again! I am doing three posts in the same day just cause I can. :P Anyway, gonna talk about NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils! Everyone in the world of beauty blogging has definitely talked about these before and I know I'm terribly late on the bandwagon haha. NYX in Singapore is pretty expensive, about $9 for one stick. I've got three colors, Milk, Yoghurt and Iced Mocha. 

Excuse the battered packaging!

 As all jumbo eye pencils are, they come in a fat pencil, which I personally think is so cute! They come with a transparent plastic cap, and as always, transparency is always appreciated as you can see the color right away without having to open anything!

They are all very creamy and gorgeous to apply. However, if you are planning to blend any of these colors, don't wait after applying because this sets very quickly!

Milk is just a simple white, perfect for the inner corners, waterline and brow bone highlight! Yoghurt is a pearly, rose gold color (I know the website says it's a brown but I swear it shows up rose gold on me) and perfect for a base color. It also makes my eyeshadows pop, especially browns and coppers. Iced Mocha is a fairly dark bronze and nice for the outer corners when doing a simple smokey eye that doesn't require much blending.

Bottom to top: Iced Mocha, Yoghurt, Milk

I love that they're so easy to just pop on, blend a little with my fingers and I'm all set! The only downfall is that they have to be sharpened and in the process of sharpening, a ton of product is shaved off as well, so I'm considering depotting the pencils. There are a few tutorials on Youtube that show you how to do that, but I'm just so lazyyyyyyy, and now the tip is getting stubbier and stubbier and I dread the day that I have to start depotting them. It also defeats the purpose of them being a pencil that you can just swipe on and go, aye? They'll be like the Maybelline Color Tattoos. ): NYX please do something about this!!!

But I love them and will definitely get more colors! I also want to try their lip pencils but I've read not-too-good reviews about them. =\ Meh, oh well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg